Monday, August 11, 2014

Sky Come Down

 Today it is rumbling thunder and there is a heavy downpour so I decided to go through my photos of sunnier days. These were taken a few weeks ago at Oakwoods Metropark when I walked the Sky Come Down Trail. It was a beautiful, sunny summer morning and I never met another soul on the trail until.......


....I saw this in a nearby meadow. At first, I was startled thinking that it was a real person but on further investigation I discovered that it was a scarecrow and plantings of corn. I'm assuming that this was how the Indians planted corn, minus the water jugs.

I don't know what they used for the scarecrow's face but it makes him pretty scary!



 The lake



 Green-headed cone flower
 Loose-strife
 On the way off the trail I ran into this little one, who posed for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment