Thursday, November 20, 2014

Trapper's Run Trail



A few weeks ago (before the snow and bitter cold) I had a lovely walk on Trapper's Run Trail at Lake Erie Metropark. Didn't see any deer...I think that they are all in hiding. I did see lots of Cardinals, a pair of Downy Woodpeckers and several Blue Jays. There was still some color and a few scenic opportunities as the photo above.

 Baltimore Oriole nest (I think)

 Male Mallards

 Empty nest

 Hawthorne

 I never met a park bench that I didn't like...this is one of my favorites


 Last Spring this area was full of Phragmites (http://www.stoptheinvasion.ca/?gclid=CPejgbHdicICFetj7Aod0loAMQ and you couldn't see a thing at the end of the walk....was surprised at the vista now that this invasive plant has been sprayed.


 Drove over to the Lake Erie end of the park and saw this barge heading north to the Detroit River and also these duck hunters (below)
In the far right of this photo you can see the Detroit lighthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment