Sunday, November 16, 2014

Redbird

I saw a big, fat, red Cardinal at my bird bath (frozen unfortunately) this morning. The reason I am commenting is that Cardinals have been scarce this summer. There are usually a pair around the neighborhood but not this year. And....not a cardinal to be seen at Kensington either. I have gotten my best cardinal photos there. So, that's the reason that I was so excited...hope he sticks around all winter. (PS: I don't feed the birds at all because I only get sparrows and starlings to the feeder). I do try to feed the goldfinches but the sparrows even get those seeds...clinging to the sock for dear life. That's the downside of living in the city.
The picture above was taken at Lake Erie Metropark....always lots of the redbirds there.


No comments:

Post a Comment