Friday, July 17, 2015

Around the Lake

I was determined to walk around Wildwing Lake yesterday morning. The weather was cool, sunny and breezy and it has been several years since I made the 2 mile hike. Well, it was all I could do to make it back to the nature center. I guess I am too old for that long of a walk despite all my rests on benches and to take photos. None the less it was a lovely walk. There was alway something to see around the next corner.    2 1/2 miles according to my run tracker.
Sweet little Barn Swallow
Heron (Great Blue) at the rookery
Mute swan couple...male on the left
Sandhill Crane
Crane family...Mom, Dad and two kids (colts)
I forgot how hilly the Wildwing Lake trail is.....puff, puff.
 Fawn and Mom
 This is the look-out-point...about half way around the trail

 Great Blue Heron
 Shadows

 This poor Red Admiral is pretty raggedy 
 Picture of a young Warbler. Wasn't sure what kind of Warbler this was so I posted it on "The Facebook Bird ID Group of the World" Well, talk about a bird discussion. One guy thought it was a Canada Warbler and another thought it was a Connecticut Warbler. Hard to ID because it is a juvenile. Finally one woman agreed with me that it was a Common Yellow Throat which I think is right because I had heard their call in the area. I love how these birders really get into it.
Sweet little Chickadee
I was sitting on a park bench and called (whistled) out to any Chickadee that was in the area. I got an answer back and then a chick-a-dee-dee-dee. Next thing I know there was this sweet little bird next to me on a branch. I told him he would have to pose for a picture before I gave him any seed. Enjoyed his company for quite awhile.
Just call me "bird whistler"




No comments:

Post a Comment