Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hudson Mills Metropark

Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Cardinal


Acorn Trail




Huron River





Hike/Bike Path


Bog


A great morning for a walk and all the birds were out to greet me........ the big 4......titmouse, chickadee, downy and nuthatch. Also saw a heron, tree sparrow, numerous blue jays, robins, crows, grackles, cardinals (pictured first) and a red-bellied woodpecker ( I think it was....looked just like a red bellied only gray and smaller). So glad that I got out on Monday because the weather has not been good since.

Need to spend more time in my own back yard doing fall clean up. I have my own little downy woodpecker that visits on occasion. I hung out some suet and huge flocks of house sparrows descended and ate both cakes in two days. Very discouraging.

Hope to get out to a few more metroparks while there is still some color.








1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos! I have never been to Hudson Mills. Will have to start adventuring to new territories! :)

    ReplyDelete