Monday, July 15, 2013

Backyard Stuff

 Spent the morning working in my backyard and the weeds behind the garage were as big as trees. I had to use a saw to cut them down...too much rain. It's funny how you nurture a plant and fuss over it and they never thrive but a weed flourishes even with abuse. I bet those big weeds re-sprout. 
Hung a Hummingbird feeder a few weeks ago and have kept up changing water and so on. No luck yet. Are there Hummingbirds in Lincoln Park?
Never regretted buying my kettle fountain from QVC. Easy to care for and the birds love it.
My little garden of Cosmos, Dill and Parsley looks really pretty. Had hoped to attract butterfly caterpillars but so far I have only seen one. 
Still a lot of work to do but the temperature is more than I can handle out there. Right now, thunderstorm moving in. 






No comments:

Post a Comment