Friday, August 23, 2019

Let's Escape


I’m here at the Village today to escape from the real world. The constant barrage of Trump shenanigans, mass shootings, the treat of financial gloom and doom and (omg) Sean spicer DWTS controversy is too much to take.
Here, at the Village it's slow and peaceful. The only hustle and bustle is people trying to catch the omnibus to get to the other end of the Village. The quiet is interrupted by the occasional train whistle from the Weiser railroad as it circles the Village.
My favorite part of the Village is the park benches where you can sit and watch the world go by (not the real cruel world) but where people wave and say good morning and the flowers nod in the breeze.
The flower gardens are a continual changing swaths of color and the only sound is the gentle hum of the bumble bees. It seems when people walk through they lower their voice.... in respect for the beauty?
Now, I will admit that not all is perfect in my little world. On busy days, hordes of children descend on the Village, running, yelling and screaming..... these are usually school groups, summer camps and so on. I just go home in these cases.
I’ve been looking for a pretend home to live in. Of course the house are all really old... no mod cons included. I’d like a sunroom, a garden and a view. I want to sit on the back lawn and wait for the train to come by.
Yes, imagination is a wonderful thing and a relief from Trump World.
Today I met a very nice lady who showed me around the kitchen garden.... I loved the popcorn plant. Then I met a couple from Wyandotte and we had a long discussions about butterflies and a flight path app.
I think I’ll catch the omnibus to the covered bridge and then take the train to the front of the Village , then back to the real world.
August 22, 2019
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment