Sunday, September 27, 2026

Autumn Highlights

 



Solidago
At one time I had a huge Solidago in my back garden. I loved it because it bloomed when all the summer plants were fading. It got cut down by some crack head that was supposed to be helping me in the garden. This year it mysteriously appeared in a totally different location. I put this little fence around it to protect it from another "accidental" cut down. It is a hybrid of ragweed but effects no allergies.


Sedum Autumn Joy
Another favorite fall flower is this Sedum. I have had for this well over 20 years. It starts to flower with a light pick color, then it turns this color. Eventually it is a deep rust color. I don't cut it back because I love the way snow mounds up on each flower in the winter.


.......and the pollinators love it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment