Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cass


Having worked in mental health for many years , I have some understanding of how shelters operate. They open their doors in the evening and have a cut-off as to how many homeless they can hold. In the morning everybody has to leave. That means that there is no where to go for these folks all day. On bitter days like this this they must be pretty hopeless, although it seems that they have some camaraderie. I also know that many have mental health and substance abuse issues. If you gave them each $5 a majority would head for the nearest party store or crack dealer. It's a problem for every big city.
We were trying to be as discreet as possible and also my son was driving a little too fast so my pictures are not the best.
I was out at the park today and found it to be restful (and cold) and as always it gives me a feeling of well-being. I will be glad to post my last Detroit pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment