Friday, March 30, 2012

Belle Isle

Belle Isle Conservatory
Forsythia in bloom


Pavilion



The pink bridge



The Carillon Bell Tower



Orchids with Bell Tower in back ground



I enjoyed a wonderful morning on Belle Isle and especially enjoyed the conservatory. I put a link to the conservatory to the right...just click on the picture. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed the best things and closed my eyes to the worst...litter and just the dilapidated condition of the park in general. The back of the island was really littered with whiskey and wine bottles and condoms...yikes. I heard that the state wants to run the island as a state park and I for one would be willing to pay to get in if they improve the once beautiful Belle Isle


I loved all the wonderful plants and flowers on the island and in the conservatory. The Carillon Bell Tower was playing "Camp Town Races" as I drove by.


I have many beautiful flower photos yet to post.















No comments:

Post a Comment