Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fritillary

As I have written before, I have recently been on a butterfly search. Thursday I was at Oakwoods Metropark and saw more butterflies then I could photograph. Darn, they won't sit still. Got some great shots of the Great Spangled Fritillary.

 Great Spangled Fritillary




Tiger Swallowtail
 Monarch
So far this summer, I have complained that I haven't been able to find butterflies but then I got to thinking of what I have seen:  Red Admirals, Painted Lady, Black Swallowtails, Tiger Swallowtails, Red Spotted Purple, Fritillaries, Viceroy, Comma, Little Wood Satyr and a few that I have yet to identify. Missing this summer has been the Giant Swallowtail (Ulanawa got a nice photo of one), Buckeye and Silver Spotted Skipper. Well, still have a month of summer left (plus September) so the search goes on.





1 comment:

  1. I think with this heat, the butterflies haven't lit much. They get agitated. I remember Gerry mentioning something about that. But, like you, I have seen way more than I could ever photograph. Beautiful pics!!

    ReplyDelete