Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Walk in the Park

What a wonderful walk on Friday at Kensington...perfect weather and the birds were all singing me a morning greeting! 
Sandhill Cranes out for a morning walk. When they got even with me (I stepped off the trail) I said "ladies first" and cautiously passed them.
Elderberry
 Much dispute as to what bird this is....posted it on a facebook bird ID group. The final consensus was a "Traills" a flycatcher. I even emailed Paul at the metropark and he concurred. I thought it was a Peewee but I am not a very good birder.


 Red-winged Blackbird...male
Red-winged Blackbird...female
 Alvin..who else?
 Butterfly weed
Tree Swallow


 Could this be a Red-tailed Hawk feather?
 This little toad was smaller than a dime
 Birdsfoot Trifoil
 Milkweed....by the look of the chewed up leaves, I am hoping that there is a Monarch caterpillar around.
 Forget-me-not
Thistle

Watch this space for "bad bird pictures" coming soon  :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment