Monday, September 7, 2015

The Next Park Bench Awaits

 On my way to the Cotswold Cottage but this house has a lovely English garden that I always stop at. There is a pleasant little arbor with a bench....just waiting for me. This garden has a white picket fence all around it, I bet to keep out Peter.
 Coreopsis, I think
 Many varieties of Zinnias ....bees seemed to be enjoying them (after they bit me on the tongue)
 I think that this is a variety of chives...pretty
Sedum....Autumn Joy???

 This is an Easter Egg plant....pretty cool looking.....I had to touch it and they were soft because I think that they are actually a variety of squash.

Butterfly Bush and Zinnias  
Love Lies Bleeding
My Dad always planted the flowers in our yard and his favorites included red Geraniums, white Petunias, Sweet Alyssum, and Nasturtiums. He also love Portulacas  (above) and when I was young I thought that was a cool word to say "Portulacas"   ;-)
Miss my Dad.......

Nasturtiums





No comments:

Post a Comment