Monday, May 7, 2018

In my back yard.....

 We had a violent storm yesterday with high winds and hail. My poor tulips took a beating. One of my Arborvitaes got uprooted and is laying on it side. The trellis that has one of my Clematis climbing on it also got knocked over. My whole back yard was flooded. Sun is shining today and things are drying out. I made some repairs and my Chore Guys will get rid of the Arborvitae.


 My American Goldfinches have returned....about 2 days after I hung the sock. I am so jealous of my friend, who lives in the country....she is getting so many song birds and today posted some great pictures that she took. I would put more seed variety out but that only encourages the sparrows.
Not happy that I have a Dove nesting on my front porch.....it's going to be a mess once the babies hatch but she is such a good little mom. Sits there so still she could be a statue. I have never seen baby doves before so that should be something to see. I love the coo coo.

No comments:

Post a Comment