Tuesday, May 8, 2018

I should be......

At the Gardens

 At Brookgreen! Looked at the time this morning and thought that I should be at the Gardens seeing what is blooming instead of working my butt off at home. If I lived in SC I would visit as often as I could.


White-throated Sparrow



At Huntington Beach State Park
 Or I should be driving back and forth across the causeway at the state park to see who is there and then jumping out of the car to snap a quick one.


At the nature center
 Or...remembering the poor nature center, burned down 2 years ago but still feeding the birds...the Painted Bunting a regular visitor at this time of year, a female Cardinal below, or a Gray Catbird or a morning dove.




I mentioned yesterday that I have a dove nesting on my porch. This morning, I was trying to get my porch cleaned up and shades hung.....very close to the nest. She puffed all out and gave a coo of alarm and then took off. Soon she and her mate arrived to chase me off but luckily I had the shade hung and went inside to let them calm down. She's now back on the nest being a good mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment