Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rainy Day

Have had no complaints about the weather since I have been here so I won't comment on the rainy weather today. We were suppose to go down to Pauly's island to walk on the beach and to shop but instead we will stay home and Allison and I will do crafts.
Yesterday I went on another bird walk. The two volunteer guides (husband and wife) are great and really know all about birding. I have learned so much. I've seen many new birds but the highlight was yesterday when I saw a Painted Bunting at a bird feeder at Huntington State Park. I did get a picture but not a good one. He was a really beauty....check the link to the left.
So far these are the new birds that I've seen: Savannah Sparrow, Tree and Barn Swallows, brown thrasher, northern mockingbird, boat-tailed grackle,rufous-sided towhee, green heron,cormorant, anhinga, brown pelican, snowy egret, great egret, yellow legs sandpiper, black-necked stilt, white ibis. The picture above is of three white ibis. I am disappointed to not have seen a Carolina Wren, South Carolina state bird. Still have another week though.

No comments:

Post a Comment