Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Marsh Walk





 Last year, when I was in South Carolina, I met a man at the state park who told me that there was a pair of Oystercatchers nesting in Murrell Inlet at the Marshwalk. I didn't (still don't ) have a long enough lens but I was able to get a good look at them through my binoculars. They have a carrot shaped nose...funny looking birds. Would love to have seen them cracking some oysters. I also got some other great pictures there so I will be sure to get there again this year. Along the Marsh Walk are some really great places to eat (Drunkin' Jacks my favorite) but I had never been there during the day. Now it will be one my daily stops after Huntington Beach State Park and Brookgreen Gardens......then Chick fil a for lunch...yea!
Cormorant
Brown Pelican

No comments:

Post a Comment