Friday, January 18, 2019

Favorite Things

 I have been looking through old photos and thought that I would repost a few. I like to do a table top shoot at home during the winter months...this was 6 years ago. Now, I'm running out of things to photograph. The kitchen items shown here are from some of my collectibles that I gathered from antique or junk stores, ebay and some have been passed down to me from my Mom. I love all my Pyrex bowls. The two wooden spoons are one each from my grandmothers. No fancy family heirlooms from my ancestors. Lol
Note the pans on the left. Those were my Mom's and she used them to bake her famous (in our family anyway) kolache. I've never used them but can't give them up either. My son say the kolache aroma lingers on.



Behind this grouping is my Mom's pastry board....another treasure. Also very old salt and pepper shakers with original lids. I have a whole collection of these that are in excellent condition. My favorite are the little Dutch boy and girl and the sailboat....classics.

Another collection is yellow tea pots (pitchers, creamers etc.) This one in particular is Fiesta ware (new) but I have many other old yellow pots. I was always on the lookout for yellow and even found a nice pitcher at Cracker Barrel. These are all on top of my kitchen cabinets and every year I take all down and wash them....a real pain for sure.
I am going to look around for more things to shoot because I can see right now that shooting outside is going to be few and far between. It is suppose to snow this weekend so I hope to get out to the parks for snow pictures....problem...temps in the teens!

No comments:

Post a Comment