Friday, March 29, 2019

Calling all birds......

Northern Mockingbird
Lots of birds out this morning at Huntington Beach State Park but not many photos for me. I saw Nuthatches, Chickadees, White-throated Sparrows, Brown Thrasher, Northern Cardinals, Carolina Wrens, Northern Mockingbirds and more. I haven't done a lot of birding in the last few years and my skills are really lacking but I did enjoy this morning. I saw all these birds with very little walking which is always a plus.
This male Cardinal is looking down on a Carolina Wren that was singing his heart out.

Not a good picture but this is a White-throated Sparrow......a pretty bird as sparrows go.

A flock of Great Egrets
Took these photos off of the causeway, from my car. There was a day that I could walk the causeway from one end to another. If I go to the park early there is very little traffic so I can stop and try to get get some shots.
Snowy Egret getting breakfast
Just missed a shot when this gull flew in and tried to take that fish.

Flock of Cormorants


Great Blue Heron

No comments:

Post a Comment