Saturday, May 7, 2016

Crack O' Dawn May

 I haven't been to Crack O' Dawn for three months and have really missed my COD friends. We had a lovely walk this morning, with great weather and many birds to see. Thanks to Kevin for pointing them all out to us. I started the morning,as I drove in, seeing a Great Blue Heron. On our walk we saw Egrets, Osprey fishing, Red-Tailed Hawk, Gnatcatcher, Red-Bellied Woodpecker, Common Yellow Throat, Yellow Warbler, Yellow -Rumped Warbler, White Throated Sparrow, White Crowned Sparrow, Wrens, Thrush and more that I'm sure I forgot. Can't wait until next Saturday when we have the "Welcome Home Birds" event with walks at 7am and 1pm. Hope to see you for that early 7 am walk!
http://www.metroparks.com/Lake-Erie-Metropark/Events
 Garlic Mustard wildflower.
 Rita lagging behind...ha! I guess that I am lagging behind her.
 Canada illegals
 I love the shadows in this picture. It sure is good to see things starting to green.
 Fungus
 Great Egret
 from behind: Eric, Veronica, Inge and Orville with Lori in between and our interpreter, Kevin.
 Mallard family
Bullfrog



No comments:

Post a Comment