Friday, May 29, 2020

News from my backyard..................

Just a little news from my place:
It's looking pretty good back there and I have been trying to tidy up. We are finally getting some much needed rain today....good for the garden.

The other morning I hung the Hummingbird feeder and the Finch sock.....in a few hours they were found! I had a House Finch pair at the sock and a male Hummingbird at the feeder. The next day two male Goldfinches and a female Hummingbird.....I'm so happy!
I planted some seed that is suppose to attract Hummingbirds and butterflies. They are just now starting to sprout. We shall see what happens. And...this year I planted one tomato plant. For the last several years I have had bad luck with tomatoes so we will see what happens to this one. I put a double fence around it because of that darn bunny.
In the photo you can see the rain......don't want it to go away today. LOL
note: my Dad's old watering can.

No comments:

Post a Comment