Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Winter Blues

 

These photos were taken last February at the Conservatory on Belle Isle....a cure for the winter blues
Since I retired, winters have been difficult. I have always had ways to deal with winter but this year that is hardly possible. Can't see my friends or family, no library, no out for lunch and no conservatory.
Whenever I go to the conservatory I am so cheered. The warm humid air, the smell of the earth and the flowers and most of all the colors. Let it snow outside! I love to just sit there especially by the orchids. In the winter the Cyclamen and Kalanchoe are featured in the big room (that's what I call it) and are so beautiful. 
This year, Covid 19 has caused so much to be closed and that means the conservatory as well. There is only so much shopping and crafting a person can do. Some day I say to myself "I just need to get out of here".
In a few days I will be getting my first injection of the Covid vaccine. After the second dose I may feel more free to be out and about but that's no help if everything is still closed. Almost a year since we were on forced lock down has gone by. The virus has continued to rage. I have to wonder why this is happening. Well, this was a real rant but I feel better...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment