Monday, January 28, 2013

Best for Birding (and other sights)


This is a photo of  the hike/bike trail bridge taken from the road. Even with the freezing temperature yesterday, there were runners and even canoes on the river. In nice weather, of course there are cyclists too. I love this area for birding. Two years ago I saw a flock of Bluebirds and Yellow-rumped Warblers here. On the trees to the right of this picture there are poison ivy vines growing up to the tree tops. The birds love the berries and that's what they were eating when I spotted them.
Yesterday, there was a flock of Juncos. I love these little birds who come down for a visit from Canada in the winter. I also saw Song Sparrows, Downy and Red-breasted Woodpeckers, Chickadees, Cardinals, Blue jays, Crows and Titmice.




No comments:

Post a Comment