Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Barn #9 in Bridgewater Township

 There were so many things to shoot on the property of this red barn! Also, the house was fabulous and I will post more photos of that tomorrow. This is a working farm and I swear every tractor that they ever had was saved somewhere on the property. 425 acres with a few cows and lots of cats ;-)
The barn itself is a gable roof with round window at either end to promote circulation. A gable roof usually signify older barns...some were converted to gambrel roofs for dairy farming making more room for hay storage....so I'm pretty sure that this was never a dairy farm.
There were 2 little kids running around the farm....must be fun to have all that area to roam and explore. The owners were so nice to let us have free reign although we did not go inside the barn itself.


I love the cell tower in the back ground ...the ying and yang




I was curious about the lower level door and the small white building.
Didn't see and Purple Martins.
I need to re-edit this photo in sepia.



No comments:

Post a Comment