Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Lovely Winter Walk

and it ended with a Bluebird!




 At Willow Metropark
 I wanted to drive through Willow to photograph shadows on the snow but then decided that I would slog through the snow to go to the little cemetery that is in the park. There is a story behind that which I will post at another time. It all looked interesting especially the trees.



 At Oakwoods Metropark

 When I first drove into the park, I had an encounter with a red-tailed hawk. In an attempt to get a shot, I chased that darn hawk all over the place but he was always one step (or flight) ahead of me.

 I have already posted the squirrels having fun.
 Saw a few birds such as this Tree Sparrow and the female Downy Woodpecker below.


It was a nice day of walking in the snow and taking photos but the day ended with a chance spotting of a bluebird. When I was driving into the park, I thought that I saw a flock of bluebird so when I drove out...very slowly...I kept my eyes peeled and I spotted this one right on the side of the road. Seeing a bluebird always makes my day!



No comments:

Post a Comment