Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Years Day to Me

 I decided to start 2015 by taking a walk at Kensington Metropark. OMG! It was freezing cold. My eyes were watering so bad I could hardly see where I was going let alone take pictures. There was not a song bird in sight, not even at the bird feeders behind the nature center. Some some water fowl and 3 cranes in a frozen over swampy area. The amazing thing was that there were so many people out there walking. I guess everyone had the same idea as I did.
 Real snow!
 Tamerak 
 Red-twigged dogwood
Canada Geese on the unfrozen part of the lake.

Tomorrow, bright and early, I have Crack O' Dawn. It is suppose to start raining and sleeting about the time we will be going on our walk. Can't we stay in and eat donuts?
Hope that I can get some photos. Got great ones last month. Will take a plastic bag to put my SX40 in and hope for the best. At least breakfast will be good....in a warm and dry place  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment