Saturday, January 31, 2015

John Dingel Park

 Some photographers on facebook have been posting photos taken at John Dingel Park in Ecorse. Since the park is only a few miles from my house, I thought that I would give it a try instead of driving all the way to the marsh. Of course, my lens was totally inadequate for this kind of shoot and again I felt defeated....but here is the best that I got.
The water fowl flock to the areas of the Detroit River that are free of ice so that they can catch fish. It was hard for me to tell what the ducks were.....Mallards, Canada Geese and Mute Swans are all that I am sure of. Lots of Eagles...will post those tomorrow.

 Canada Geese


Mute Swans
At first I thought these were just 3 lumps of snow until I looked at them with my binoculars. They never moved a muscle while I was there...a cold place to nap.

Mallards

No comments:

Post a Comment