Tuesday, January 6, 2015

High School Memories

Our Club, class of 1960

When I was in high school you were nobody unless you belonged to a "club". In other words you were  "un-pop-u-lar". Our club was called "The Bop Teens". A pretty silly name but at the time we thought it was cool.
Here I am with my club and fellow classmates. On the far right was my best friend Kay, then me, ...next to me, Roberta, Gail, Marlene, Patty and Marian. We were all in the marching band and hung out together all the time,  going to dances, having parties and sleep-overs. Our biggest event was  renting a summer cottage for a week at Lake Milton. Pat's Mom was our chaperon. We had so much fun. The Everly Brothers...I remembering listening to them and in "The Still of the Night" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBT3oDMCWpI check it out on this link to youtube. I remembering dancing to it at a dance at the pavilion at  Lake Milton.
One afternoon I met some guys on the beach and introduced one of them to Gail....she ended up marrying him and they are still together today,.... over 50 years.
All of this was a long time ago and I rarely think of it but when I came across this picture I had to post the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment